Jun 11, 2015

Black and White Herringbone Nail Art

Hi!
I hope you are having a wonderful day. Today I wanted to show you a really cool nail art I made recently. It's a geometric black and white pattern. I've been loving all things geometric and b&w lately so a nail art was going to happen eventually. I chose to do a herringbone pattern. It was a bit tricky and long but I managed to do it. Also, that's why I only did an accent nail. Doing several of these would take several days I think! And I would have been incapable of recreating that design with my left hand so the accent nail is a really good trick.
My base and top coats and the white polish are from HEMA and the blue polish is from New Look (Kelly Brook).
To do the herringbone pattern, I started off by drawing 2 vertical lines and then I did smaller parallel lines in between. After that, I filled in some places with white (several coats were needed) and filled the rest with black acrylic paint. This picture really helps to understand the steps. I hope you like this nail art and tell me if you recreate it!
Love, Elsa

6 comments:

  1. This nail art is so gorgeous! Love it! :)

    Bridget xx

    westcoasttstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bridget! I am glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. I love that party nail! it's so fashonable and i love the colors together :)
    xo,
    Kelly


    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡


    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elsa, I've nominated you for Liebster Award, come check my post out all about it, hope you'd like to take part! http://littlebottles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me. It's really nice.
      I did the liebster award not too long ago so I'm not sure if I'll redo it but I'll keep you posted!

      Delete

I always love to read your thoughts so please share them with me :)
And if you ever have a question, don't hesitate to ask!